HELP ME TO SUPPORT THE PARALYMPIC ATHLETES

PARRABUDDY.BLOGSPOT was started to help find a way for “Adaptive / Physically Challenged / Paralympic Cyclists ” to enjoy riding their bikes on the Daily Route of the famous Pro Tour Race Routes such as the “ Giro d’Italia " and the " Tour de France " !


Through lack of support i have been unable to achieve that goal and unless people decide to assist there is little chance that my 22nd season will be any more successful !


Tokyo2020 Paralympics was amazing for ALL , not just those participating but those who followed via the Media !


Since 2009 several other Blogs have been created to cover various other subjects !

Below is a guide to their separate purposes :

In the main Parrabuddy is about “Adaptive / Physically Challenged Sport” and Health Issues.


Skippi-cyclist is about personal issues and Road Safety Issues.


SkippyAus is about matters relating to Oz and some personal memories from my life there.


Tourdafarce & Tourdafrance are about matters relating to the Pro Tour , Racers and some personal experiences during my various visits to ride the Pro Tour routes .


Skippy (blogging) is about a variety of issues on the Internet .


NOT ALL postings arrive in their correct area but I will generally try to separate my views on Doping and Sporting Fraud from Road Safety Issues .



Comments ARE WELCOMED since this shows that those reading are interested in the subject matter ! Enjoy comments made to other blogs so wonder why only " anonymous " posts here !

Over the period of these "Blogs" I have had visibility on Twitter as “Skippydetour” and on Facebook as “Skippy Mc Carthy” where Google usually advise postings on the Blogs as they occur .

When any of you visit these Blogs I hope I am able to add value to your day and provide a source of information if not inspiration . Please consider asking your friends and contacts to add their support as many of the Para Athletes are struggling to find the resources to compete in Events at regional Levels let alone National Levels .


You the reader have the possibility to help these Amazing Athletes in your own way and contacting your National Paralympic Internet Site for relevant info is a good start !

Apr 12, 2011

MEGABYTES

Megabyte theft annoys the hell out of me ! Twitter "mentions" showed that @atlbike on 3rd April had included something I had posted to my blogs so I go through for a look and get the 12th April (today’s) edition , 15 mb gone ! Used his google entry point to track down the 3rd April but got the 25th Feb instead , so try again but without success . This time the hit totals out at 35 MB and that is the end of the search from my point of view !

Well meaning postings by sites do not always cause me a problem but living in a marginal area I have huge problems getting into twitter so it amazes me that the 24bit/sec speed results in huge hits when I arrive on the site that has been tweeted . Twitter feeds that I follow are generally informative and so I open up the link in a separate window so as to see what there is on offer .

Buying a Gigabyte at a time each month I try to stay below that for the month , which means about 30 MB each day and having started the month heavily I was happy that being busy the last 10 days meant that usage was slight BUT today is now well out of order . Using Microsoft Works Word Processor I am able to prepare a posting and use less time on the Broadband but computer speed can be a problem .

Blogger statistics puzzle me as there is a difference between the posts visited and page views. Wish i could get someone to walk me through this as there are several other issues i need to understand so as to put together a better presentation on my blogs .

Past 10 days I have been driving a Volvo 4 wheel drive transferring VIPs from various airports to Mayrhofen for the “Snowbombing Event”, that has now finished . Later posting in my other blogs will fill out the details of the personalities that I encountered during these transfers .

No point asking you to follow @Skippydetour or sign on as a follower of the blogs because the past requests have met with a lack of interest . There is a new posting in Tourdafrance.blogspot copied from Cyclingnews Forum worth a visit .

14/04/11 Hurstville Velodrome is threatened with the chop so visit www.skippyaus.blogspot.com to see how you can help !

No comments:

Post a Comment